News Return To All News
DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Part-time)
12 month fixed-term contract. 24 hours per week. Flexibility to split across 3,4 or 5 days.
Home-based with attendance at rehearsals or concerts in London required.
Salary £22K per annum (£36.5K full time equivalent). Pension. 20 Days Holiday p.a.
Application Deadline: 19th August 2021
About The Bach Choir
Founded in 1876, The Bach Choir is recognised as one of the world’s leading choruses, building upon a tradition that combines musical excellence with creativity and innovation. From the first performance in Britain of Bach’s Mass in B minor to the soundtrack for the Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order video game, our musical heritage is as rich as it is diverse. Directed by David Hill MBE, one of the country’s most eminent conductors, we regularly perform and record across London and the UK in prestigious venues, from the Southbank Centre and Royal Albert Hall to Abbey Road Studios.
The Choir’s mission is to inspire and connect people with the emotional power of choral music through performances, recordings and community engagement projects. Through lockdown the choir has explored more use of digital channels and commissioned new music. We are now looking for an experienced digital marketer who can help us grow our database, ticket sales and reach a broader, more diverse audience.
To plan and execute digital marketing campaigns to grow the Choir’s audience database:
- to increase sales of concert tickets & recordings
- to grow attendance at community participation events online and offline
Success will be measured on database growth, audience engagement stats & ticket sales
- Own and maintain the calendar of activity that will deliver on the Choir’s marketing goals
- Own the marketing database and the creation of segments/mailing lists based on past behaviour or repertoire preferences. Database/email marketing is the core of the role.
- Plan and execute digital marketing campaigns including email campaigns, newsletters, paid & organic social media, Google Adwords, YouTube, Spotify
- Write copy for emails, newsletters and webpages and create simple images, videos and social content in Canva/Hootsuite.
- Build and optimise pages on the website (wordpress) to improve click-throughs and SEO performance or to facilitate online registrations/ticket sales.
- Undertake community engagement on our social feeds and comment on/share other relevant industry posts.
- Support any ad-hoc requests for content and information from PR or other agencies or from venue/artists’ marketing teams.
- Add our events to relevant online listing sites.
- Track spend and results and report on your campaign performance and budget.
- Track and log tasks/progress in Asana. Attend weekly activity calls and monthly marketing steering board meetings and use choir volunteers for resource where possible.
- Contribute to the annual marketing strategy development and
Your skills & experience
- You must have held at least one prior role that involved hands-on digital marketing including some paid media & database/website admin (not simply posting organic social content).
- You are data-driven; you enjoy making decisions and optimising campaigns based on data insights and you like analysing data to see what’s working.
- You love digital apps and technology. You have some hands-on experience of wordpress, mailchimp, active campaign or similar tools and can troubleshoot simple issues.
- You have either studied music or are able to demonstrate a very good knowledge and love for classical music/composers. You will be writing/creating content about it.
- You have a high standard of written English and can write compelling and accurate copy.
- You can follow data compliance processes and adjust them to meet new regulation.
- You are organised and can manage your own time to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- You are upfront when you need help and support and enjoy developing your skills.
What we offer
- A chance to own and drive the execution of our marketing strategy. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to get more hands-on than in a larger company and/ or wants to step up from a marketing assistant role to get more responsibility.
- An opportunity to join the UK’s finest independent choir to execute on a new marketing strategy, including developing a new brand image and website.
- The flexibility to work from home and work your hours across either 3, 4 or 5 days.
- Tickets to attend our own promotion concerts in London.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12 AUGUST 2021
Apply with your CV plus a covering letter or 2-4 min video that tells us why you’re the right person to drive our marketing engine and why you’d love to work for The Bach Choir.
Deadline 5pm Thursday 12th August. Send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be two rounds of interviews which will include some practical exercises.
No agencies or recruiters, thank you.
The Bach Choir is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion
The Bach Choir is a Registered Charity no: 258287.