Concert Details ← Return To All Concerts
28th June 2014
Sat 10.00am - 4.00pm
Target participants: All Primary and Secondary Teachers leading singing activities and choirs
Costs to receiving organisation: £150 + VAT per participant
Expected commitment from participants: One Day
Venue: The Warehouse, 13, Theed St, London SE1 8ST
Project overview and aims:
To provide CPD for music teachers/specialists in leading singing activities and in forming and developing school choirs.
The Bach Choir’s Musical Director David Hill and Vocal Coach Hilary Jones will run the CPD. It will provide training in developing the singing abilities of children, basic conducting skills, shared enthusiasm for singing to lead by example, techniques for improving co-operation and listening skills and hands-on experience in conducting a group of singers from The Bach Choir.
Teachers who complete this course should be able to use their own voices with confidence, lead groups of children to sing with enjoyment, enhance children’s listening skills, select appropriate repertoire, use conducting skills effectively, use leadership skills to inspire and control rehearsals, achieve a musical performance.
I learnt a great deal from the conducting session and I know it will impact upon and improve my future practice. (Participant in 2013 event)
- Develop the choral leadership skills of the participants
- Enhance their musical abilities
- Help participants to maintain consistently high standards in leading singing activities
- Share an enthusiasm for singing so that participants can lead by example
- Give participants an opportunity to conduct a group of talented musicians
- Give participants experience of observing and being conducted by David Hill, a conductor renowned for his musicianship across an extensive range of repertoire.
Please note that places are limited for this event.
You can book your place by downloading a booking form.
Please contact Nick Cutts, General Manager, email@example.com or 020 7127 4677 with any questions.